Featured Post

The New Cover for Last Shot Revealed!

Happy New Year!  Today is the day! Last Shot at Justice has its new cover, and is now up for pre-order on Amazon. That's right, ALL th...

Friday, July 8, 2016

Review of Pieces of Me, by Carrigan Richards

So this was a tough read for me, for all the right reasons. It was well done enough that the subject matter made me uncomfortable; both the situation Corinne was in and her emotional state, but especially concerning one "friend's" behavior.

This story deals with some tough topics, and I think it deals with them with deft determination. 

I was a little put off by the style - you know me and first person narrative - it's not the easiest for me to get lost in. Also, the flashback setup of much of the book was a challenge for me, because by its very nature, it became a lot of telling rather than showing. But despite these, my usual complaints against a first person narrative, I was able to connect with Corinne and feel with her - enough that I felt acute discomfort for her. The author did a good job of making me feel empathy for Corinne.

This book will put you through the wringer, and it did indeed wring tears out of me at the end - and that doesn't happen often. If you're up for an emotional challenge, then I recommend Pieces of Me.


No comments:

Post a Comment